I suggest you put up the dipole with the idea of being able to change the
orientation, both direction and angle.

My 80 meter dipole legs are oriented east and west, hung from about 70 feet,
running down to tie-offs at about 30 degree angles.  It is an all-around
good performer, and, with a tuner (antenna impedance matching network),
covers all HF bands.

Over the years, I have tried other dipoles in less optimum conditions.  The
best I remember was hanging from 35 feet.  The SWR could be changed by
moving the legs around, and tying them off at various angles, as well as
changing leg length.  The only problem experienced was the unwanted
emissions causing the garage door to open and close, and TV operation to be
erratic (NOT a good thing for the XYL).  This anomaly was the result of
running power, lots of power.  Barefoot power was okay.

Good luck.

73, Keith NM5G