Good Evening to All,

I hope everyone is safe and dry. I know some have lost so much in this
horrible tragedy. I am looking forward to the bounce back and recovery
phase. If anyone needs any assistance, I will do what I can to help and
that is a standing offer.

This is a great topic for Hams to grid their brains. I am sure we will get
some great feed back like Joe's.

My cousin in a paramedic and we use to listen to him while he was at work
for years. I have always own some sort of Police Scanner for as long as I
can remember.

In the navy we listened to everything and I took on the opinion that if you
didn't want people to listen on what you put out on the air waves, then you
would encrypt it.

Trunking make these a bit tricky, but can be over come. Old analog cell
phones and cordless phone were horrible and almost as bad as the old POTS
Party lines the used out in the country.

Just like all of our other rights, The right to Privacy comes with the
obligation that you keep thing private on your part. Transmissions, Email,
Facebook, and the likes are not what I would ever consider as private.

We are limited in the bands on what we can operate on, but very unlimited
on what we can receive. What ever laws are out there are very hard to
enforce for transmits much less  the receive side. If I use the information
in an obvious manner I am sure there could be consequences. Listening in on
Heroes at work I would hardly call a capitol offense. They have the means
to keep people out when they need to and I am sure they don't care a the
moment, they have more important things to do.

I don't like to beat a dead Horse, but I don't mind riding one for a bit.
:)

Thank You and Stay Safe,
Jeff
KG5LRP