Look up CAGE antenna. It is an old design that reduces the Q of the antenna and
therefore makes the antenna work over a larger frequency range.

From: BVARC [mailto:bvarc-boun...@bvarc.org] On Behalf Of Rick Hiller via BVARC
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2020 8:57 AM
To: BRAZOS VALLEY AMATEUR RADIO CLUB
Cc: Rick Hiller
Subject: [BVARC] Antenna Theory Technical Question

I am in the midst of analyzing a Ham market HF antenna.  Still building the
EZNEC model, but working it thru the gray matter.

Case:  Take a 1/2 wl dipole antenna -- center fed.  Each side is made up of
multiple, equal length wires that are each insulated, parallel, and closely
spaced.  The wires are connected/common at the center feed point, but open at
the far end.

If, at this length, each wire's material DC resistance is 5 ohms....does using
multiple wires in parallel, as described above, 1) lower the total RF material
resistance, as resistors in parallel....or 2) does it stay the same or 3) does
it become additive?

Any comments would be appreciated.  I've got my hypothesis, but wishing
additional input.

Thanks and 73 ...Rick   W5RH

--

Rick Hiller