What would happen if you made the legs of the dipole out of computer ribbon
cable tied together at the feed end and open at the other?  Would that be
similar to what you are talking about?

From: BVARC [mailto:bvarc-boun...@bvarc.org] On Behalf Of Martin Blaise via
BVARC
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2020 4:35 PM
To: BRAZOS VALLEY AMATEUR RADIO CLUB
Cc: Martin Blaise
Subject: Re: [BVARC] Antenna Theory Technical Question

Do not use this kind of fan dipole see attached.

On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 1:21 PM Kirk Kendrick via BVARC <bvarc@bvarc.org> wrote:
Rick,

Fan dipole with all the wires the same length....and closely spaced. Resistance
should be 2) unchanged as others pointed out. Coupling will cause broader BW
like a cage dipole. Unless your antenna conductors are manufactured to limit
variance.... Impedence in real world will be hard to model in a bundle that has
varying capacitance due to uneven spacing and varying inductance due to twists
and turns within bundle

I'll throw out a slightly different thought.

I think it would also model as a sleeve antenna.  That would make the EZNEC
model have only 1 dipole driven and all the other wires evenly spaced around it
potentially with small gap at feed point (that shouldn't be needed since it's a
zero voltage point).

At least, my mental model has them as (close to) equal. But my brain wanders a
bunch.

73,
Kirk KK2Z

PS: My favorite "work of art" sleeve dipole in one of the early antenna
compendiums was a vertical made up of a ring of resonators -- one for each band
-- around a driven vertical in center.