If the opposite ends of the dipoles wires are left free and not connected
to each other you do not have a cage dipole. The inner capacitance between
the wires and the added inductance will cause a problem in tuning and will
act more like a regular dipole with distributive capacitance and
inductance. A cage dipole is basically like a big fat pipe made out of
wire, nothing else. The fatter the diameter of your element, the lower the
Q and the wider the bandwidth. But the suggested? way of feeding multiple
wire elements in parallel but unterminated at the far end is not a cage
dipole and will not act as one.

Chris
WB5ITT