Resin
> (and other containers).  Right now, my build.xml script for AppFuse
> (http://raibledesigns.com/appfuse) is very Tomcat-specific.  I'm not
> sure I want to eliminate that dependency since it's very easy to get
> Tomcat installed and running quickly.  I would, however, like to test
my
> app on other containers.  Using the <cactus> task seemed like the best
> way (though I dislike all the logging when Tomcat starts - doesn't
> happen with <runservertasks>).

Huh? What logging? I don't get any at all. Are you sure you're using the
output attribute? (see
http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/integration/ant/task_cactus.html).

> I think adding the feature would be useful and easier to work with -
> especially since most folks don't know about the webapps/context.xml,
> and once they do, they never touch server.xml again.

Shhushh... don't tell them... ;-)

> At the same time,
> I could easily use the <generic> server implementation and re-use my
> existing stuff, since I don't plan on eliminating it anyway.  So, I'd
> say - spend your time on things you enjoy more, not some silly little
> enhancement like this. ;-)

ok. I've implemented and committed it. I'm currently running a full
build now which I'll upload in the nightly build area. It would be cool
if you could test it though... :-)

> I am going to send an e-mail to the Resin team to see if they'll
> consider adding similar functionality to Resin (i.e. looking in
webapps
> for *.conf files).

Ok. Cool

Thanks