> I thought I might get more help if I posted the non-working code that I
> am using for my sortable list.

>                 <?php $ajax->sortable('medal_sort', array('ghosting'=>'true',
> 'constraint'=>'false')) ?>
>                         <?php
>                                 $counter=0;
>                                 foreach ($data as $row) {
>                                         $item = $row['Medal'];
>                                         print '<div id="'.$counter.'"
> class="medal">';
>                                         echo
> $html->image('medals/'.$item['url'],
> array('align'=>'center'));
>                                         print '</div>';
>                                         $counter++;
>                                 }
>                         ?>

this works for me:

                        <ul id="playlist-centre">
                                <li id="centre_One" style="margin: 5px;
padding: 0 5px; border:
1px solid #98aecb;">One</li>
                                <li id="centre_Two" style="margin: 5px;
padding: 0 5px; border:
1px solid #98aecb;">Two</li>
                                <li id="centre_Three" style="margin: 5px;
padding: 0 5px; border:
1px solid #98aecb;">Three</li>
                                <li id="centre_Four" style="margin: 5px;
padding: 0 5px; border:
1px solid #98aecb;">Four</li>
                        </ul>
                        <?php