Thanks for your reply.

To be more specific, would it make sense to do this portion of the tutorial?

Setup

So to get things started, we need to download seachable behavior from (
http://code.google.com/p/searchable-behaviour-for-cakephp). Then we copy the
archive contents to the /app folder. To complete the installation process
there is one more thing to do: create the search table. So we run the
following sql code:

CREATE TABLE `search_index` (
    `id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
    `association_key` int(11) NOT NULL,
    `model` varchar(128) collate utf8_unicode_ci NOT NULL,
    `data` longtext collate utf8_unicode_ci NOT NULL,
    `created` datetime NOT NULL,
    `modified` datetime NOT NULL,
    PRIMARY KEY  (`id`),
    KEY `association_key` (`association_key`,`model`),
    FULLTEXT KEY `data` (`data`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM  DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_unicode_ci;