On 2/27/07, Langdon Stevenson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My understanding is that Cake 1.1.x.x doesn't support multi-column keys.
>
> This feature request in track: https://trac.cakephp.org/ticket/1293
> indicates that the priority for this feature is very low and unlikely to
> be implemented.
>
> Are you working with a legacy database?  Or is this your preferred way
> of building the primary key?

Is this still true for Cake 1.2.x.x ?

You might find this article interesting. It is about surrogate primary
key ( 'id' - integer )
which are sometimes convenient (from a performance point of view) but
are in fact
an evil compromise because such a primary key *does* allow row duplicates :

http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/database/soup/archives/primary-keyvil-part-i-7327?rss=1

Chers,
Adrian Maier