I guess you missed my previous message. Read these:

http://www.webdevelopment2.com/automate-database-backup-webcron-cron-jobs-problem/
http://www.webdevelopment2.com/automate-mysql-database-backup-webcron-cron-jobs-problem-part-2/

First article tells you where to get FREE cron service...
The next ... free database backup.

I highly recommend AGAINST what you're thinking about...it just sounds
clunky and prone to failure.
--
Baz L
Web Development 2.0: Web Design, CakePHP, Javascript