What we have here is a failure to communicate.

A. Here's your scheduling:
http://www.remote-cron.com/

B. Here's your Backup AND email:
http://www.dagondesign.com/articles/automatic-mysql-backup-script/

You use A to launch B. And be done with it. What's so hard about that?
There is no coding or *implementation* involved here.
--
Baz L
Web Development 2.0: Web Design, CakePHP, Javascript