Hi, John. Thanks for the reply and I totally agree with you on this
one but, the descision was made based on an idiot in Indiana who
already signed and payed 2.5 million to Microsoft to come in and
revamp our whole communications network from Great Plains accounting
servers to all TV channel and newspapers web sites to be transferred
to a server farm in the middle of no-where.  The requirement is that
the site can easily be copied from our directories to thiers lol!

Yes I do need a new job lol!  This pays crap especially for
California.  This company pulls in 175 mil profit a year (this is a
subsidary) and I barely make double min wage.  It sucks but, it's the
only work I can find that deals with computers. The alternative is
installing alarm systems for Brinks or something in attics at 120
degrees.  Until I finish with my Bachelors, I am stuck.

On the error, it seems that once I port over Cake to IIS6, uncomment
the correct line in core.php and clean out tmp, it still will not load
components and helpers. Some load, some do not. Namely the Session
component, Cookie component and the Html helper.

Doing some tests in app_controller in the beforeFilter() method, I
tried to manually load all sorts of helpers and components.  Those in
particular stop the site dead in it's tracks.

Another peculiar thing, if I uncomment the App.baseUrl config in
core.php I get an error about the cake_logger not knowing what
LOG_ERROR is, even though it is clearly defined in core.php. (This is
from a fresh cake install).

I will say this, I am at home right now on my laptop that has Vista
and looking at IIS7, I can get a fresh install of cake to work
complete with the urls looking like this: index.php?url=/controllers/
controllerMethod/params1
But, when I put my BFS (Big F***** Site) up there, I get the same
errors about cake not being able to load components, helpers, models
and controllers.  Works fine on Apache with mod_rewrite, sucks on IIS
with nothing.

I am also hoping that since, IIS7 has HttpRedirect module built in to
it, I can get something going that is sort of like mod_rewrite. /shrug

Here's to hoping I can get something going this weekend.