What calls itself the Zend Framework is, I agree, a library, a
collection of classes. One of those classes - Zend_Controller -  is a
library that acts like an MVC framework. Everything else is/should be
totally pluggable with the rest of the world. And so I think that
cakePHP is a superior MVC framework, but could use a hand from some
Zend components.

--Jacob