Hi verybody!

I'm really newbie with Cake (since 4 months) and I'm French...

Of course, doc is a negative point for Cake, compared with Symfony or
Zend (and notably for international users they don't read English
easily).
It's harder to find, it's not updated, it's not simple.

But I'm agree with Nate and John : why all documentation efforts
aren't put towards the official documentation? why people criticise
instead of contribute?

Maybe the way to contribute and doc presentation are not very clear.

For example, the "tempdoc" for 1.2 beta is not practical to read : a
long scroll, with blanks in some parts... and nothing to announce
updates, so we must always scroll to find if new things are added.

The Bakery is a good idea, but its organisation is not clear and not
enough efficient.
The structure of information is not logical, not progressive. This is
a catch-all...

Of course, CakePHP is work in progress and the 1.2 is on beta version.
Like John said: create a stable documentation for a beta software is
difficult!

Zoe, your initiative is good, John and Nate, your opinions are right,
so isn't possible to find a common ground and write an only official
doc?
And after that, French, Japanese, German, Spanish and many other
Cakers can translate your prose!

Sorry for my simple English...

Avairet