@ Dardo

The goal of my post was not to discredit your argument or you as you
suggest multiple times (ad hominem argument).  I thought you wrote a
well thought out argument in favor of using Cake's built in Schema
which I stated in my post.  I will continue to argue that your
provided workflow and associated argument are the essential points in
favor of Schema when people are looking for justification about it.

I would, however, suggest you read through the articles that I posted
as some of the things you noted in your line-by-line commentary are
addressed by people far more qualified to comment than I.  When
writing about the differences I did due dilligence to understand the
benefits of cakePHP's built in Schema tool.  I even looked for outside
commentary about it and as far as I could tell it is something that
has some similarities from practices in the Java world.  So far, you
are the definitive voice on the subject in the CakePHP world!

@ Joel

I'm actually going to throw my summary into my blog and do not mind if
you put it into your blog as well.  It is something that Dardo's post
got me thinking about.  What started as a quick response turned into
something I too wouldn't mind using.  I'm thrilled you'd want to use
it that way.

---

The bottom line is this: If CakePHP's Schema is working for you then
it should absolutely be the tool / approach you use.  It is worthwhile
to mention that if it does not work for you, Joel has created an
alternative system that may be a better fit.