It'd be great if schema arrays could include an "old_name" field, so
that CakePHP could not only create fields and create tables, but
rename them. In other words, something like:

class BlogSchema extends CakeSchema {
    public $posts = array(
        'id' => array('type' => 'integer', 'null' => false, 'default'
=> NULL, 'key' => 'primary'),
        'title' => array('type' => 'string', 'null' => false, 'length'
=> 100, 'old_name' => 'name'),
        'content' => array('type' => 'text', 'null' => false,
'old_name' => 'body'),
        'indexes' => array('PRIMARY' => array('column' => 'id',
'unique' => 1))
    );
}

Get my drift? If we could somehow tell Cake the history of a
particular table or field, it seems like we could get the best of both
worlds.