On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 1:51 PM, joelmoss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Gwoo, I got a few questions...

Hey even I can answer that ;)

> Am I right in saying, that if I make changes to a shema file and run
> that, it runs the entire schema again? Wouldn't that overwrite your
> existing DB tables?

No! Schema is an entire snapshot *but* only the changes needed will be run

> Does Schema support all DB backends right now?

I don't know about other DB backends but Schema does need work (does not
store column length etc;)

> Does Schema allow you to rename/modify/drop columns, or just create
> tables and columns?

Allows you to drop and add columns - rename is not supported.

I just want to find out what the limitation of the Schema shell is, if
> there are any.

We need renaming, column meta data, fixtures and some callbacks which can
run on fixtures.

So, like I was suggesting, making Schema have more features and giving it an
option to run a migration like scenario will be great. We are almost there
and I don't think any changes will be needed to the current Schema workflow
- lets have best of both worlds

Cheers
Tarique