I don't know about the rest of you.

But I don't use a Framework for its amazingly fast code. If I wanted
really fast code I'd write it all myself specific to each project.
I use a framework to decrease the amount of time I have to spend
working on any one project.
I use a framework to reduce the risk of a potentially major and costly
bugs.
I use a framework because I enjoy working with a good set of tools
covering a breadth of sometimes challenging topics.
And most important I use a framework because of the dedication and
commitment the community surrounding a framework has in improving the
aforementioned reasons.

Which framework is faster? It doesn't really matter if your project
never gets deployed.
I've found people looking for the fastest framework are just to lazy
to profile a working app to see exactly where the app has a real speed
issue that would even matter to the end user of the app.
These same type seem to profile the application before they have any
useful and functional code to profile.
And if your really curious "Hello World!" is neither useful or
functional. At least not to me or my customers.

If you were a real part of any of these communities your efforts in
profiling the speed of a framework should be to fix and contribute
faster code with test to the frameworks core. If you can neither fix
or contribute to the source then you don't understand the core, which
also means you shouldn't be profiling something you don't understand.

>From my own experience with my end users, not one of them has
complained about the speed of the apps I've written using cakephp.
They have all made multiple request for more features, or for changes
in existing features. Which happily I'm able to say I can usually turn
those features out in a couple hours or days. Had I a faster framework
I'm sure those features would have taken weeks.

Comparing a frameworks speed is kinda like comparing the RPM of the
engine of race cars. Just because the engines rpm is faster to rev up
and just because the engines top rpm is greater than the other.
Doesn't mean the car will win. Their are so many more components like
the drive tran and wheel size, tire composition, and most important
the driver and his understanding of his machine.

LunarDraco