I'm writing my computer science masters thesis about PHP-frameworks.
All performance tests I've been able to find use "hello world"-
application. I'm planning to code a test application with few
frameworks. What kind of application it should be? What would you
think are the essential requirements to get a fair results of each
framework's performance?

Currently I'm comparing CakePHP, Codeigniter, Symfony and Zend
Framework. Do you those are the essential ones?

-Kalle