Sure, administrative interface might be extra... but again it comes
down to the way you plan to measure performance.
I believe that admin interface, is an integral post of a vast majority
of mature web apps.

With CakePHP's admin routing and Auth, such can build fairly painless
and quickly.
How long would it take you to build one if such facility is not
provided?
Does that matter in the way performance is measured? IMO, it is... but
again, that depends on your criteria.