Hi James,

> On Nov 25, 1:27 am, James K <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Simple - if you're starting from scratch, seriously start over and
> > rethink a lot of the fundamentals.
>
> > Mambo's idea of what content is and how it should be organized within
> > a CMS is very outdated and short sighted.
>
> > Joomla's been making a valiant effort to modernize the Mambo codebase,
> > but it still suffers from several of the same fatal flaws in terms of
> > execution. Why in the world can I only organize content 2 levels deep?
> > Why can I only add content to a single category?
>
> > In addition, it would be wise to look into broadening Mambo's idea of
> > "content". Drupal does a pretty good job of making it easy to create
> > several different content types (ie blog posts, news items, products,
> > etc) and handle them in different ways without having to make very
> > literal "sections"
>
> > Why are the security permissions hard coded? I know Joomla's in the
> > middle of a really messy migration to a proper ACL implementation, but
> > they're not anywhere near close yet. Security roles should be
> > flexible, customizable, granular, and hierarchical.
>
> > Mambo's 8 years old now and while it may be tempting to give Mambo's
> > users something very familiar in execution, you'd just be doing the
> > project a disservice by ignoring the vast innovations that have
> > occurred in the CMS space since Mambo was originally architected.
>
> > There are lots of good CMSes on the market - both commercial and open
> > source that are doing a lot of really interesting things these days.
> > Do your research, take all the lessons learned from Mambo development
> > over the years and get crackin! Before writing a line of code, you
> > should put a lot of thought and time into the database design. Many
> > fundamental design choices will be made at that point which will be
> > hard to go back on once you've written a significant amount of code.
>
> > The more planning you do, the better the end product will be.
>
> > Good luck!

Thanks for all your comments, it sure will be part of our
discussions :)

we also are interested in to know about the expectations about the CMS
framework, things like:

Been a cake developer, would you  use/integrate your projects in a
cms ?
What must accomplish that cms to be considered in your cake projects ?

Mambo is not just a CMS but a framework too, it should help the
developers to create his own pieces of software and reuse the ones
that the cms currently have.

Thanks

Andrés