CakePHP is a framework, so you have to write the blog yourself.

Wordpress is a blog, no need to do anything.

For my blog I use wordpress as I find it kind of stupid to reinvent
the wheel.

Wordpress has tons of themes, plugins and is configurable enough for a
blog.
If you don't like something in a theme it's easy enough to modify in
the templates.
But like nurvzy said, stay out of the actual code, it's a mess.

their CakePHP related questions.