On Jan 28, 5:04 pm, maxarbos <maxar...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I read through the very minimal bake command documentation at: 9.1 and
> 9.2 in the docs, but it's pretty superficial.
> The generation of the schema is a pretty big deal i think and
> something that should be highlighted a little more, if this is what it
> can do.
>
> When I started with cake 1.3 a few months ago,

bake has very little to do with your question

In cake you edit your db tables however you want and create a model
file to represent your php interface to that table. Creating model
files is actually optional since cake will use an app model instance
for any referenced model which doesn't have a specific file. Therefore
if you add a table to your db foos and add this to your e.g. user
model:

var hasMany = array('Foo');

you can immediately do $this->Foo->find() in/from your user model.

The blog tutorial should have cemented this for you in the first 15
minute of using cake - if that wasn't the case for you I'd suggest you
edit the bit that didn't clarify that's how cake works.

AD