On Jan 28, 2011, at 23:01, maxarbos wrote:
> On Jan 28, 2:44 pm, AD7six <andydawso...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Jan 28, 5:04 pm, maxarbos <maxar...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I read through the very minimal bake command documentation at: 9.1 and
>>> 9.2 in the docs, but it's pretty superficial.
>>> The generation of the schema is a pretty big deal i think and
>>> something that should be highlighted a little more, if this is what it
>>> can do.
>>
>>> When I started with cake 1.3 a few months ago,
>>
>> bake has very little to do with your question
>
> I was responding to the the post from Ryan about 'bake' doing what I
> was asking for. When I 'run' a project in grails, that is when the
> table construction from a model is done, so i thought there was more
> to 'bake' than I had originally thought.

You create the database tables manually in the database. Then you use "cake
bake" to create the model PHP file for you. Correct, the model PHP file might
not contain a lot of lines of code; the default methods from the Model class
are often sufficient for the basics. You can then add methods to your models as
needed for specific functionality.