maybe you haven't seen how i teach a swing.

i start with allemande left and right, making good physical and eye contact
with your partner, etc.  then i have them get into allemande right position,
next to each other and feet pointed opposite directions.  i tell them that
their feet do the same thing in a swing as an allemande right, it's just the
top part of the body that's in a different position.

from here, i teach ballroom position.  while the gents "hold their place", the
ladies put their left hand over the gents' shoulder and lean back very gently.
if they can't hold themselves up, their hand is in the wrong place.  then i
place the gents' hands and point out to the ladies that if it's uncomfortable
they should tell the gent, as he probably won't know if you don't tell him.
communicate!!

the other hands are the "pointy hands".  push gently against those pointy hands
and make a connection with your partner.  look at your partner and walk
FORWARD, NEVER BACKWARDS.

i think teaching the swing will DOES teach those points.