Anyone who has learned ballroom/couple dances (waltz, foxtrot, swing,tango)
understands what the lead/follow roles are.  Contra dancing is not lead/follow.

Donna Hunt

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrea Nettleton <twirly-g...@bellsouth.net>
To: Caller's discussion list <call...@sharedweight.net>
Sent: Thu, Jan 3, 2013 1:19 am
Subject: Re: [Callers] Alternate Role Terms

I think even modern choreography does not require one gender role to lead.
They may choose to, and to add embellishments, but it is not essential.  I
matter which gender role I dance, what I want from my partner is good
connection and counterbalance.  I love  the flourishes, don't get me wrong, but
they aren't the dance.  AndreaSent from my iPhone