Some people are also uncomfortable flirting with people of the opposite
gender, as well.  Or people who are older or younger, or who knows what.  I
don't think choosing dances based on assumptions about who's comfortable
flirting with whom makes any sense.  Instead, as callers (and, perhaps more
importantly as organizers), it's important to foster a community where
everybody understands that it's important to respect others' boundaries.
 Flirty dances are those where there is an option, not an obligation, to
flirt.

I don't think people newcomers who are uncomfortable with flirting (or with
flirting with somebody of the same gender or whatever) are really bothered
by, say, having to touch somebody by the hand for 5 seconds during an
allemande.  If something's making them uncomfortable, it's how the other
person doing that allemande chooses to behave that does so, not the dance's
choreography.

-Dave