Maybe i've only recently noticed it, rather than it being a change, but in the
last couple of years I've noticed a lot more dances that end with circle L 3/4
and pass through. The timing always ends up off for this, as most dancers use 8
counts to do the circle, leaving them late for whatever move starts the dance.
(6 counts for the circle & 2 to pass through would stay on the phrasing). I'd
say it's about 80:20 8count:6count, which is enough of a mismatch to lead to
disappointment as the dance begins each time, with folks arriving for the first
move at different times (if everyone got it "wrong" there'd be almost no
problem--though the choreography still might feel poor). The caller pointing it
out during the walk through would help, but that doesn't seem to happen.

What I find odd is that this definitely seems like a new issue--is this a
relatively new move? But as I said, maybe it's only new to my noticing.

--Read Weaver
Jamaica Plain, MA
http://lcfd.org