Jim,

Regarding my story about Ted Sannella you wrote:

> I find this story surprising.  Are you sure you're remembering
> correctly and, if so, are you sure you're not omitting some
> important context or qualification of Ted's remark?

That's how I remember it.  I don't find it surprising at all.  This entire
thread is riddled with complaints about dancers taking too long to complete
a full circle in 8 counts and the need for teaching dancers how to do
faster circles.

I think Ted was simply pointing all of this out.  It's a good statement to
get the attention of callers...and of coriographers.

There are no absolutes here.  Maybe a full circle takes 9.3 beats.  I don't
know.  It was just a way to make a point.

Greg
West Coast, USA