I know that this isn't what you are looking for, but we have made the decision
to install Mikrotiks at all customers for both types of installations, both the
Cambium PMP 450s and the Mimosa PTMP solution sets.   We made the decision to
do so for much the same reasons that you have listed below.   Before we could
connect to the AP and the CPE remotely and look at all the stats and do link
tests.   However, that never really told us what the customer is experiencing.
 With the Mikrotiks in place, we can run the Mikrotik speed test remotely
between the customer and our tower, the customer and our backhaul aggregation
point, and the customer and our edge router at our DIA.   We can also run the
test all the way to an Internet accessible Mikrotik bandwidth test server.
This has proved to be very accurate and is as no surprise, most times the
issues are found in the residence.   What is really helpful is that when this
is determined, we can see the signal strength of all wirelessly connected
devices, and torch the interfaces to see which MAC/IP is using the bandwidth.
(I can't tell you how many times it is the XBOX 😊 ).   This has really changed
how we troubleshoot customer issues.

While those parts of our installation pattern are working really well, there
are some items we'd change if we could.   The cheaper Mikrotiks only support
100 MB connections and that interface has proven to be incredibly finicky with
Mimosa CPEs.   However, we believe we have stumbled across part of the reason
why on that issue.   Also, the gain on the Mikrotik antennas is really small,
1.5 dBi and 2 dBi.   We'd love to see an external antenna model with higher
gain in that lower price range.

We have scripted most of the set up of the Mikrotiks which has reduced the time
to configure them quite a bit, our next step is to get that script done and
preload all before sending them to the field.

Thanks,

David Coudron
david.coud...@advantenon.com  |  Mobile: 612-991-7474

Advantenon, Inc.