The problem with all of this is that it is not (from my perspective as
an end user) expected behavior.

Arguments about Camino doing the "standard" thing or not aside, losing
my Camino passwords when I reset Safari but not losing my Safari
passwords when I reset Camino is  a problem. What are we to do? Wait
for Apple to fix their bug?

Is there a way we can have an option for Camino to do the non-standard
thing and store its passwords differently? Being stuck on the right
side of the argument but still being hit by defective behavior is
something that I think should be dealt with in some way.

~Aric