I will admit that I spoke perhaps too harshly.

I agree that Safari is screwing up here, but if it is as trivial to
write software (maliciously or otherwise) that will delete any subset
of the keychain as you say, then my keychain isn't safe at all. I'm
trying to understand how I can protect it beyond writing bug reports
(which I did, right after you suggested it). Because the data I create
with your software is vulnerable to changes or deletions made by other
software (and is also changing the behavior of your software), I want
to know that I'm pursuing all avenues in the interest of making sure
it never happens again.

I don't think that's unreasonable.

-Aric