> 1. [...] it would still require some time to rewrite a few parts.

Release early, release often. Maybe you put it under your name on
sourceforge, if you are afraid to put potentially non-buildable code
under the flags of lexifi.

> 2. Similarly, we rely on our "extended standard library" (a collection of
> general purpose modules).

That sounds interesting!

> Again, it would take some time to extract the few
> needed function to make a standalone distribution.

Release early, release o...

> 3. [...] At some point, we planned to sell a version of CSML as
> an extra module to this platform

If this is about biz vs. oss, then it could be a solution to go the
path of PyQT:
- offer of a GPL version
- sell a version that can be used commercially