I think the main problem is the lack of cross platform gui that looks
good on windows.

LablTk: ok only for simple gui
LablGtk:    fragile on linux, bad on windows
qt:      I once tried to create bindings for a newer qt release ( >
4.2), I didn't finished it, but I think it would be doable. The big
problem though is the huge qt dependency with this blackboxy C++/moc
thing .