ben kuin wrote:

> I assume it's save to say that most today (business) critical
> applications have to be written in a vm supported language.

Why do you assume that?

The only evidence to support this is the widespead usage of
Java and C#, but I think that is a language choice rather than
a conscious decision to use a language that runs on a VM.

People chose Java and C# because they are preferable to
fundamentally unsafe langauges like C and C++.

> What if ocamlopt would be dropped for a faster ocaml vm?

Why? Even if the Ocaml was able to target a faster VM, there
are still many people who would chose to generate native
binaries.

Erik (who uses Ocaml compiled to native binaries for mission
critical code)