Thomas Fischbacher a écrit :

The last thing I remember is that Guillaume had contacted me about
wanting to re-write it, but not much seems to have happened on that
front so far.

Well, things have happened on this front so far. And a few people have the code that I've written. Unfortunately, for rather awkward reasons, I am not in a position to release it. But hope to be in the rather not distant future.

It's basically a rewrite. It works, but isn't fully featured yet. I believe memory management is done properly. There are also some C varargs functions in the Python API that have been properly binded with the libavr library (or something called like that). A (yet basic) syntax extension allows to write things like:

        module X = python module mypython module

It does introspection and dumps the OCaml code needed to access values of the module. I've been hitting type inference issues in Python for this. But there is some work (like shedskin) to capitalise in order to make the syntax extension more interesting when it comes to typing.

And there's a Debian package, also.

Do not hold your breath on this code, as a release might take a while.

But if someone is willing to carve out of shedskin the code needed to do type inference and bind it to OCaml, that would be a nice contribution to the syntax extension.

I do not have much time available on this one, and I currently have other interests. But if someone is interested in the code, please email me to see what is possible to do...

All the best,

Guillaume Yziquel.
--
     Guillaume Yziquel