On 07/05/2010 06:30 PM, Thomas Fischbacher wrote:

> Yes. We did have some discussion about these things with the debian
> ocaml maintainers quite a long time ago - but somehow our fixes never
> were incorporated into the package.

The only discussion I've found is:

        http://lists.debian.org/debian-ocaml-maint/2007/11/msg00158.html

> Replacing the code in the debian package with ours is quite
> straightforward.

… if the interface is "compatible" (I didn't really check). I had a
quick look and noticed some changes for some type definitions. Did you
try to compile coccinelle¹ using your version of pycaml for example?
It's the single package using the pycaml library we have in our
archive. If it requires some changes, we'd prefer to get them integrated
by coccinelle's upstream before shipping the new pycaml.

¹: http://coccinelle.lip6.fr/

Besides, having a version and listable directory with available versions
of pycaml would help to get the code packaged and integrated. Would you
accept to maintain it on forge.ocamlcore.org? We can provide you a
D?$VCS, a bugtracker, etc… there. If yes, please fill the form available at:

        https://forge.ocamlcore.org/register/projectinfo.php

Regards,

--
Mehdi Dogguy مهدي الدڤي