On 8jun, 2010, at 09:18 , Raimon Fernandez wrote:

> Hi again,
>

> I'm trying to install Camping on my OS X but I'm getting some errors:
>
> MacBook-ProII-2:~ montx$ gem -v
> 1.3.5
>
> MacBook-ProII-2:~ montx$ sudo gem install camping
> WARNING:  RubyGems 1.2+ index not found for:
>       http://gems.rubyforge.org/
>
> RubyGems will revert to legacy indexes degrading performance.
> Bulk updating Gem source index for: http://gems.rubyforge.org/
> ERROR:  While executing gem ... (Gem::RemoteSourceException)
>    Error fetching remote gem cache: SocketError: getaddrinfo: nodename nor
> servname provided, or not known (http://gems.rubyforge.org/yaml)
>

> What are the minimums ?
>
> I'm using in my developer machine Ruby On Rails and Ruby without any
> problems, with some gems.

I want to add that I'm not behind any proxy or firewall, and that I could
successfully download/and install some other gems in this machine without any
problems, but no, no, I can't install nothing from gem.

It seems like a time-out problem:

I have this remote sources:

  - REMOTE SOURCES:
     - http://gems.rubyforge.org/
     - http://gems.github.com
MacBook-ProII-2:~ montx$

mmm, a ping to http://gems.rubyforge.org/ => cannot resolve
http://gems.rubyforge.org/: Unknown host

MacBook-ProII-2:~ montx$ sudo gem sources -r http://gems.rubyforge.org/
http://gems.rubyforge.org/ removed from sources

now I have only      - http://gems.github.com

MacBook-ProII-2:~ montx$ sudo gem install camping
ERROR:  could not find gem camping locally or in a repository
MacBook-ProII-2:~ montx$

any idea ?

thanks,

r.