Hi Dave,

On 8jun, 2010, at 11:52 , Dave Everitt wrote:

> Hi Raimon
>
> I'm having the same problem with rubygems.org - won't even load in a browser.

ok,

> In February there was a bit of a change:
> http://update.gemcutter.org/2010/02/20/rubygems-org-move-complete.html
>
> Fro current status see the tweets here:
> http://twitter.com/gemcutter

thanks for the info!

> and Magnus' Temporary fix:
> add "72.4.120.124 rubygems.org" to your /etc/hosts

ok, done!

mmm, I've removed the rubygems.org from the remote sources and now I can't add
it again

MacBook-ProII-2:~ montx$ sudo gem sources -a http://rubygems.org
Error fetching http://rubygems.org:
        SocketError: getaddrinfo: nodename nor servname provided, or not known
(http://rubygems.org/specs.4.8.gz)

MacBook-ProII-2:~ montx$ sudo gem sources -a http://rubygems.org
Error fetching http://rubygems.org:
        SocketError: getaddrinfo: nodename nor servname provided, or not known
(http://rubygems.org/specs.4.8.gz)

> Otherwise, get the bleeding edge version:
> sudo gem install camping --source http://gems.judofyr.net/

maybe later !

:-)

thanks,