Hey Bruno, replies inline:

Just to make sure we're on the same track: capistrano-postgresql does not
> actually *install* postgres package. It presumes postgres is
> installed/provisioned and:

​Yeah, I got it, except that "provisioned" is a huge grey area, if it's set
up "properly' the user named in the application database.yml should have
limited read/write to data, but without being able to make schema changes,
or using GRANT. I know most people don't bother to set that up correctly
unless they're in a strongly security audited environment, but the idea
that the application user, can change schemas and grants scares me.

> 1. creates db user and database for the app (is this database
> provisioning?) 2. creates appropriate database.yml

​Yeah, same as above, I don't know whether I expect database.yml to be
checked in, synched from somewhere else or manage by a provisioning tool,
 it depends a lot

> But yea, creating a database (task 1.) is in the grey zone I guess.

​As are most things if we apply enough (too much?) analysis to them.​

> About testing - no problem. I presume, you don't mean manual testing,
> right?

​No, we're a bit hung up because prior to the "omnibus" series of vagrant
installations (when it was still a Gem) we used vagrant to script tests
against virtual machines, vagrant has broken that use case now that it
doesn't ship as a Gem anymore. The idea​
​is to provide a "base box' against which plugins can write integration
tests, and we can be confident that nothing broke.​

> If not manual, then what tool is used?
> Test-kitchen<https://github.com/test-kitchen/test-kitchen>
> ?

https://github.com/capistrano/capistrano/blob/master/Gemfile#L7
​ is what we use right now, but it's no good. Probably with the new
vagrant, we'll use the ssh kit project local ./.ssh/config and mount the
:deploy_to so that we can run operations, and natively assets on the
filesystem state.

> Let me know next steps for capistrano-postgresql.
> Also, I'll update you when we have capistrano-nginx-unicorn working.

​Remind me, what's your GH username?​