> a) it is your responsibility!
> b) we have to fix this. Installing means adding the component, nothing
> else.

OK. Let me give you an example.

If you use an installer that comes with a piece of software to install it,
you do not have to worry about copying libraries or configuration files,
adding registry entries, etc as it takes care of all that. But if you are
smart enough you can go do all that yourself but you are responsible for
mistakes made in any of those steps.

Similarly in Carbon, if you get the feature manager to install a feature, it
takes care of all that. If you happened to do it yourself you should do what
it takes without making any mistakes. In fact in this particular case, it
had nothing to do with configuration files but the latest qpid libraries
were not used.

I can continued to argue on this but it will not help anybody whatsoever. So
if everybody thinks embedding configuration files is the way to go then I
will look into it.

But I think we have a fundamental issue in the way we build products. We
manually copy stuff (mostly configuration files) from the generated carbon
distribution to the product pack we build. As I learned from Pradeep the
generated carbon distribution contains all that should go into the product.

Thanks,
Danushka