hi,

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 12:21 PM, Dimuthu Leelarathne <dimut...@wso2.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 11:12 AM, Pradeep Fernando <prad...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>
>> +1 agreed with danushka. Adding default configuration is not the
>> solution for what dimuthu has encountered. In this case dimuthu is
>> responsible for making the stratos distribution. Anybody working on
>> wso2 product distribution should know what should be done in order to
>> get the product running. No excuses.
>
> There is something very wrong here. Either technology or the process. Let me
> ask the simple question. How did Qpid config files get copied to all
> products and not services? How come services got second hand treatment?
> AFAIK Qpid config files were added products by someone from Qpid team.
>
> So lets speculate,
>
> 1) Should someone from Stratos team do it?
> 2) Should the feature be developed as self contained?
> 3) Should technology be developed to handle this situation? Automatic
> copying of config files?
> 3) Should the RM of each product check the service? At minimum check whether
> it starts?
>
> Copying something to 13 products is not an easy task if you want to build
> them all check whether anything breaks (speaking by experience because I
> have done it). If someone told me adding Qpid config files was my
> responsibility I would create time to do it. I fixed it for manager. I
> wasn't even aware of it until each server started hanging - one after other.

the person making the changes should make sure that other things are
not get broken due to that. simple. When there are changes in carbon
core we used to change all products + stratos services bin.xml, etc
files. :)

so the initial change should be done by Danushka. after that when
somebody adds the feature that contains the qpid in to their product
he/she should handle that.

--Pradeep