Hi Senaka,

I have to agree with Prabath. We already have a configuration similar to the
following in the authenticators.xml file inside conf/advanced.

<Authenticators xmlns="http://wso2.org/projects/carbon/authenticators.xml";>

    <!-- Authenticator Configurations for TokenUIAuthenticator -->
    <Authenticator name="TokenUIAuthenticator" disabled="true">
        <Priority>5</Priority>
    </Authenticator>

</Authenticators>

So having defined the same element Authenticator in the carbon.xml for a
different reason may confuse the user.

AFAIK, this is used when some Carbon code is acting as a client to access a
remote resource. In the configurations you have shared, you are passing a
set of configurations to the authenticators, not the information about
authenticator itself. So how about using something like
ClientAuthenticationConfiguration instead of Authenticator ?

Thanks,
Thilina

Thilina Buddhika
Associate Technical Lead