On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 12:17 PM, Thilina Buddhika <thili...@wso2.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 11:51 AM, Senaka Fernando <sen...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> That's a choice we need to make; but this still is an Authenticator (which
>> is an extension of the standard java.net.Authenticator - a part of JAAS).
>> Realizing that we had a special authenticator configuration file, I thought
>> it'd be more appropriate to place it there (compared to carbon.xml).
>>
>> Our authenticators help external entities (users, systems) log into our
>> server, and this authenticator helps our server log into external entities
>> (systems - servers, proxies), which is the difference.
>>

> Exactly. That is why I said it is not correct to place them in the same
> file. The location you picked is correct (carbon.xml). But the configuration
> element should be renamed.

But, won't calling this something other than authenticator be wrong. This is
an authenticator (at least Java defines it as such) - so why rename? If we
do that, we'd be saying Foo is where you define the java.net.Authenticator.
So why not Foo == Authenticator (which makes it obvious)?

IMHO, I think we defining our own world is not the best option, when it
comes to some standard practice.

Thanks,
Senaka.