Hi jENELLE,

Exactly, you got the point. Accounting is really complex and if you try to
cover all the common requirements of a hospital you will have an ERP system.
My idea was to cover all these requirements by a other product and just
implement interfaces. These interfaces could be either standardized XML
messages or a transfer table.. but the “foreign” ERP system should be able
to read it.

This idea comes up by visiting a hospital in east Africa. The main stock is
different from the hospital stock and the work of this main stock is more
and less an administrative layer. On the same layer you will find also the
accounting with all these accounts for salary, purchasers and much more of
accounting tasks.

Idea was to focus the care2x development to the work on the hospital itself
and outsource the accounting to products what is made for. But we also
integrated a invoice system, just for the common daily work with
outpatients. So there will be always cash flow, even when there is a
parallel working ERP system at backend.

We started to integrate this part of stock and accounting and recognized
that this is really hard work, hard work still done by e.g. webERP what
could be easily adapt to care2x because it is based on apache, php and
mysql.

Robert

MEROTECH IT Engineering

Robert Meggle
Hohnerstrasse 6
89079 Ulm

Germany

Tel: +49(0)7 31- 1 75 97- 27
Fax: +49(0)7 31- 1 75 97- 25
 <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

  _____