On 8/6/2013 2:13 AM, Jérôme LELEU wrote:

For those who complain about the "poor" documentation, I advice you
to search accross the mailing lists.

I did spend a fair amount of time on Google, and poking through the mailing list archives. I did find some helpful information, but nothing really authoritative or comprehensive. Perhaps I missed some of the threads, if there are really good discussions of the topics, maybe links to the threads could be added on the wiki page to make them easier to find?

Memcached is more performant than EhCache globally, but what really
makes the difference is the serialization through the Kryo library
(instead of the Java serialization).

My concern on memcached is that it shards the tickets, and if you lose any given memcached node, users will be affected and have to reauthenticate. From that perspective, ehcache, with a fully distributed cache, seems preferable.

--
Paul B. Henson  |  (909) 979-6361  |  http://www.csupomona.edu/~henson/
Operating Systems and Network Analyst  |  hen...@csupomona.edu