From: Scott Battaglia [mailto:scott.battag...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 7, 2013 2:59 PM
To: cas-user@lists.jasig.org
Subject: Re: [cas-user] fault-tolerant/redundant/HA CAS deployment

You do realize you will have to configure and tune any solution :-)

Before comparing solutions, I would recommend defining your requirements and
your tolerance for failure (if you have not).  For example, Is it acceptable
that if a node (that has > 99.9% uptime) goes down, a user must
re-authenticate?  Is that extra .1 worth whatever the cost? I can't answer that
for you. What are your SLAs? (I don't know if anyone has done an EhCache vs.
Memcache load test?)

What we're planning for scheduled maintenance, is using memcached-tool  to push
a given server's cache to another server before shutting it down for
maintenance... something as simple as this..

./memcached-tool localhost dump  | nc <otherhost> 11211

- Aaron

---
Aaron Bennett
Manager of Systems Administration