Hi, Wes,

On Mar 12, 2013, at 2:39 AM, Wesley New wrote:

> Why would you want to build will old tools anyway?

I think some people would like to build with older tools because they have them
but they don't have the newest tools. For some, the cost (in both time and
money) of updating Matlab and Simulink twice a year is non-negligible.
Updating the Xilinx tools may be less of an issue in terms of money.

I could be wrong, but I imagine some people would prefer to keep their old
Matlab and Simulink and System Generator versions, and do just the EDK part of
the build with the latest Xilinx tools.

Dave