On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 1:23 PM, Roelof Burger <roe...@eflex.co.za> wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> Thanx for the quick response.
>
> I can ping the ROACH from my windows and UBUNTU machines. They are on the
> same domains
>
> I left a TELNET session open just now, and when i run the command:  ssh -p
> 7147 root@<ip_address> command from UBUNTU
>
> i see the following on the TELNET session: #log info 946781856113 raw
> new\_client\_connection\_<ip_address>:57673
>
> #client-connected <ip_address>:57673
>
> Does this mean the connection was good? How do I transfer the.bof file now?

There are a number of commands to upload a file on that control connection
(use ?help to see them)

These commands will open another port (I think by default 7146) which
can then receive the bof file. Either you send it across using your own code,
or you can use something like netcat or socat.

>From memory

nc -w 2 -q 2 roachip 7146 < yourboffile.bof

(aside: this isn't that different how ftp works, internally - the ftp
client just hides it from you)

If you have kcpcmd installed that can do all that in one go, and set
up an alias for it

regards

marc