hi victor,

i urge people to only use operating systems supported by xilinx:
i think right now, that means
windows7 pro, redhat enterprise linux 5 or 6, or suse enterprise linux.

several casperites have tried to use non-supported linux operating systems
for casper work.
sometimes this can work fine for particular appliciations, sometimes it
doesn't work.

xilinx will not provide any support or answer any questions if you use a
non-supported operating system. and we've seen be subtle bugs
without any reported error messages with a non-supported operating system.
one time we found the casper FFT didn't work for sizes over 2^13 points -
there was no
error message - it just computed the FFT incorrectly on the FPGA - the
simulation
worked fine...  when we switched to redhat, the problem went away...

best wishes,

dan